This episode of the Don’t Mention The Fussball Podcast looks back at the long distant memory of Hertha scoring a goal in the light of the last three games against: Bayern, Munich (Away), Schalke/Gelsenkirchen and SC Freiburg.
Over this period we endured in excess of 392 minutes of football without Hertha finding the net. So, here’s how it went . . .
- Jan’s visit to Munich – including a rant about stadium music
- Away in Gelsenkirchen – including an unusual way of gaining pleasure from a football match
- SC Freiburg in the Olympiastadium including visitors and interesting banners on Monday night protests.
- A mini-interview with two visitors to the Olympiastadion
- Listener questions – Jonny Klinsmann in the news
- The BFG (Per Mertesacker) and the pressures of modern football
- Next week – away in Hamburg and perhaps HSV descending
- The prospect of a new shirt sponsor for next season
- It’s a wrap
As usual I have added a inbuilt player to listen to this episode via this page if that helps you.
Thanks for listening, rate us on iTunes and follow us on Twitter and instagram: @dmtfpodcast
Useful links to subjects mentioned:
- Patrick’s blog: europatrick.com/
- Stadion an der Schleißheimer Straße (Munich): www.stadionanderschleissheimerstrasse.de/
- Mondays: twitter.com/DMTFpodcast/status/972474402016284674
- Mofo: www.mofo.com/about/
- ESPN article on Klinsmann criticism: global.espn.com/football/hertha-b…-berlin-assistant
- ESPN article on aftermath of criticism: global.espn.com/football/hertha-b…ertha-berlin-boss
- DW article on Per Mertesacker: amp.dw.com/en/opinion-per-mert…ter_impression=true
- Simon’s last blog articles – http://www.fussball-musings.com/blog/392-minutes